Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Punch of Detailed Ceilings


Ceiling are known as the forgotten leftovers of the home. Most homes have a old fashion texture ceiling... that can be quit annoying at times. As I am starting to add detail to my Kitchen project,  I wonder how I can make the ceiling interesting without forgetting about it. The below pictures show interesting punch of detail.



        Bead board on the ceiling? Yes, that is bead board on the ceiling. Most think of bead board to be used on the walls and to add decorative interest to a space. Bead board on the ceiling creates a unique clean and crisp look for any space.

      Beams are the most common look for a ceiling. You bring in a rustic and traditional style without making the room look to traditional  The stainless steel appliances help balance the room with a modern touch and the textured cabinets enhance the  beams.

http://www.kitchendesigns.com/planningoptions.html
        Coffered ceilings are a classic look that is used in plenty of period homes. It creates architectural elements to any space and a 3d effect to  the ceiling. I like how the floor in the space silhouettes the  cofferedceiling in a the same pattern. I just love coffered ceilings! 
       Metallic on the ceiling? Actually metallic ceilings are very well known and have been used for years.  metallic ceilings create a texture look with patterns and lines. Can't forget how it helps bounce light around the space. This is especially important in a kitchen to help have enough light for creating those wonderful family meals every night.

 .
      I know it sounds crazy but, yes  that is  planks on the ceiling. This planks are whitewash planks applied in a horizontal manor. Planks on the ceiling create a linear effect to the space instead of  putting it on a floor. After looking at all these ideas, I might have found what I am going to use for my project. Just don't forget to add detail to your leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment