Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Revamp that Lamp!

                     
     As humans we depend on light to help us understand time, read, and see task that we are doing. Lighting becomes a big part in a space when it comes to adding a intimate setting and comfortable feeling. In my class the other day, we got an assignment based on lighting in our individual spaces and how adequate the lighting is for the environment. the second part of the assignment was based on creating a revamp lamp for the environment. my juices were flowing  so much that I went on the hunt for ideas for my lamp.
 

     
 
The floral pattern creates a focal point to the lamps. The colors are fun and funky with a retro color palette. Creamy white creates a calming  based that will drawl you into the space.
 
 
          
A more simple but, elegant approach is in this lamp. It has a simple white round shade that catches the curvilinear based. the splash of monochromatic color gives a Serene beach house feeling.
 
                           
 
Funky lava lamp bases with a lime green create a fun environment for a girls room. The  shades have a large scale pattern that helps create a focal point for you eye.
 
 
 
The combination with the blue and yellow satisfies adds a scheme of exciting color to any room. The transformation of this lamp surprised me. The outcome was fabulous and the pattern fit the scale of the lamp. I bought my lamp today at Salvation Army and with these inspirations, I hope I can come up with a beautiful design for my project. I will post pictures later on when I am finished. :)
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment